Thursday 30 June 2016

Block Printed Card

When I went to Ally Pally earlier in the year I had a go at block printing and of course I had to buy some of the wooden blocks.and wondered what they would be like printing onto card. I had a few goes and found that they print better with a foam mat underneath the paper/card.

This is a card that I made for my friend Alison, she went to India earlier in the year and saw lots of elephants.


For the background I used blocks and acrylic paint to stamp onto a gelli print. I added some gold foil, stamped the elephants and doodled round the edge, I glued some sari ribbon and added the Artistic Stamper quote.


This is a close up to show the gold foil.

Thank you for looking.
xxx Hazel.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, love the elephants, and the beautiful sari ribbon is a great touch of extra colour. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very artistic piece. I love the elephants

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card Hazel! I love it! Thanks for a wonderful reminder of my holiday too!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, love the printing effects and of course those super elephants look wonderful.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, it's so vibrant.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete