Tuesday 22 March 2016

If You Go Down To The Woods

If You Go Down To The Woods is the latest challenge theme at Art Journal Journey chosen by Chris.
I'm also sharing it with the Try It On Tuesday - Nature challenge.

A couple of weeks ago while I was walking the dogs I saw a green woodpecker fly into a tree, I always take my camera out with me and I managed to get a photo before it flew away, so the green woodpecker is the subject of my spread.


I drew the birds and tree and coloured them with pencils and marker pens, I copied the birds out of a book. I water coloured the background using Inktense pencils and stamped some foliage [PaperArtsy] with Versa Magic ink. I went round the leaves with a black marker and added my photo of the woodpecker, it was printed on white copy paper - shame a branch is covering her face. I must admit that I'm very pleased with the result.




Thank you for looking.
xxx Hazel.

16 comments:

  1. Very beautiful artwork and how lovely that you saw the woodpecker and got a photograph

    Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that you are pleased with this spread - it's just BEAUTIFUL Hazel!
    Thank you very much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and for playing with us at Try It On Tuesday as well!

    Happy rest of the week!

    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Hazel, I would so love to see one of those woodpeckers! Thanks for joining us at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful woodpeckers! Mine was outside tap tap tapping away today :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous pages Hazel, love the woodpeckers and the photos. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great woodpecker sketches. And I like how you added the photo in also. Beautiful spread. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous drawing Hazel and perfect to fit with your photo, love the design.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful spread! Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Easter.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo and artwork Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo Hazel!
    Love your pages :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty pages and great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Wow! Wow! Your drawing is fantastic and I love the background you made too! Well done for getting the photograph - Woodpeckers move so quickly! Can you tell - I really love this page Hazel! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to pop back Hazel and thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment on my DecoArt news, I so appreciated it and to say Happy Easter.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had hoped to visit sooner, but life (and a nearly dead computer) got in the way.

    You draw SO well. I think the green woodpeckers are adorable. So glad you are like me and take your camera with you everywhere. This made for a stunning AJJ entry, but most of all a great TioT entry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pages, love the woodpeckers!

    ReplyDelete