Tuesday 14 October 2014

Make Your Own Background

Another fortnight has flown by and it's time for another Craft-Room Challenge
Lovely Mervi has chosen the theme Make Your Own Backgroun, she doesn't want to see any designer papers.

Our sponsor for the challenge is The Stamp Man.


For my DT piece I've made a card.



I started with one of my mono prints.

I spritzed some felt tipped spots

I used a stencil with some distress ink and stamped some script [Dina Wakley] with distress ink.
 
I adhered my background to a card blank and stamped the image and sentiment.
The main image [Dina Wakley] and the sentiment [The Artisic Stamper] were stamped with Versamark and embossed with black powder.
I drew some lines and dots around the edge of the card.

My very talented teamies have made some beautiful samples so why not pop over to the Craft-Room to take a look.

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous love the fab backgroundxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, great style and design! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with a handmade background, can you. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific background Hazel with lots of interest

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background Hazel, love it- and the card is totally beautiful;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh just love this Hazel, the finished car looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know this puts me in mind of a Sam Butler card! I love the green and black combo and the very modern style. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours you have used in this fab journal make Hazel. A really nice card. TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours used in this fab journal make Hazel...a really nice card for someone to treasure
    TFS and crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete