Wednesday 8 October 2014

Halloween Time

I wasn't going to do anything for Halloween this year but I didn't get my second project finished at the Andy Skinner workshop that I went to a couple of weeks ago.  I brought home the painted foam board and clock from the workshop and found some plastic skulls in my stash so it ended up being a Halloween project.

I'd like to enter my project in the following challenges.

Mixed Media Mojo - Halloween/Fall with fabric, I used hessian for the background.
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Halloween or Not.
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes.


Here are a couple of photos of the skull.



I used mostly DecoArt products.
The clock was covered with Crackle Paste.
I used Modeling Paste on the edges to give some texture.
The round bit at the top is the center of the clock, I painted it with acrylic paint and covered it with Crackle Glaze.
I used a Kaisercraft crackle stamp on the background.
Everything was painted with acrylic paints and I used some olive bronze and emerald Treasure Gold and Treasure Brass on the raised areas and also on the skulls.

Here is a closer look at Mr Poe.


I did an image transfer with a Gecko Galz image and stamped some script. The edges were done the same way as the skull section.
I painted some hessian with gesso and adhered all the bits to it.
I added some die cut ravens [Sizzix], the clock is a Sizzix die as well.

17 comments:

  1. Okay-I really really like this piece! The image of Poe is amazing, well the entire piece is amazing! Thanks for playing with us at Mixed Media Mojo! ~Niki (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That skull is wonderfully creepy! Really nice smaller ones on the corners. Fabulous texture. Mr. Poe is done proud in this creative canvas you crafted. Thanks for playing with us a Mixed Media Mojo!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessssssssssss! Love this, beautifully made and nicely scary. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing-spooky but interesting at the same time

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just goes to show you should always have some plastic skulls in yout stash :-) Seriously, this is brilliant. Fantasitc image transfer and texture. And very scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very scary indeed. The texture on your clock is fabulous! Thank you for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this time - Julie Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. very amazing piece, the skull is scary - great halloween piece thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enough to scare anyone away :) great door hanging for halloween! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with Mixed Media Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool......luvin it.....darlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW what an awesome project, love all the textures and techniques you used.

    Thank you for coming over and joining in with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your creation,your textures are fabulous and the colour palette is just perfect for the theme....
    Thank you for joining us over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy layers and a second day with Mr S. - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this hazel. Poe has come out fantastic. Love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing Texture and interest... Thanks for joining us for our December Challenge over at Altered Eclectics http://alteredeclectics.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete