Sunday 20 April 2014

Altered Matchbox

Happy Easter everyone, I hope you are having a lovely day.

Last month KCUK had and altered matchbox swap - now that Nicki has received the matchbox that I sent her I can share what I made with you.

This is the matchbox that I used.


This is how the matchbox ended up.


I adhered some embossed card to the top and painted everything with gesso. I scrunched up tissue paper and adhered it to the inside and then I added the lace, flowers and bird. I painted the box and embellishments with acrylic paint and sprayed it with various mica sprays.
I stamped the Crafty Individuals image onto some patterned card and embossed it with clear embossing powder, then it was matted onto some black card and adhered it to the top of the box.

I made a mini tag book to go inside and thought I had photographed it but it was winging its way to Switzerland before I realised that I hadn't taken photos.

I also made a wire birds nest to go inside. I didn't make the chain.



Here is a photo of the other goodies that I put in the box. The birds nest is wrapped in the tissue paper and you can just about see the tag book.


I'd like to enter my matchbox into the following challenges.
Tando Creative Recycle.
Altered Eclectics Anything Altered.
Rhedd's Creative Spirit Altered Art Only.
Anythhing But A Card Spring Forward.
Frilly and Funkie Flights of Fancy.
Crafty Individuals Natures Beauty.

23 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Hazel! Wonderful contents too!
    Happy Easter!
    Alison xxx
    p.s. had a fab holiday thanks :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the matchbox and what's inside! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hazel what a delightful crafty/easter gift to make. Great creative idea. Happy Easter, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great transformation, never expected it to look anything like that and your wore basket on the chain is absolutely gorgeous

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! A bit of a wonderful transformation and i love that you added treasures within...
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning from that beautiful altered matchbox to the very special gift of the handmade bird's nest on a chain. WOW - Nicki is a very lucky lady.
    Hazel, it is just a thought but as you used a CI stamp, your altered matchbox would fit the challenge theme of Nature's Beauty.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful altered box and the little nest and eggs for inside are terrific

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous transformation Hazel. Love what's on the inside too. The gesso and paint on the embossing is a great effect together with the mica powders. Thanks for joining in at Anything But A Card this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is FAB !!! lucky Nicki !!!! I have never tried to alter a matchbox ...may have to give it a try. great inspiration !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...Amazing altered matchbox...Love the texture & design... the contents are amazing too...Brilliant work... Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics Challenge... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness this is fantastic Hazel!! I love the way you've altered the surface of the box and added that striking panel. And then to include the gorgeous nest necklace in with the other goodies is so special. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that's really gorgeous!! And the addition of the wire birds nest inside is very cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Tando's challenge this month. Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't even know where to start! Your altered matchbox is absolutely amazing. I love all the details you've included. It is over the top FABULOUS!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous transformation Hazel, and what a lovely necklace and gift. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals April Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a beautiful matchbox and gift, Hazel! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individual's challenge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Hazel, this is such beautiful work my lovely! Thank you so much for entering our Tando Challenge and good luck with the draw xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous altered matchbox and a stunning entry in to our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the whole project FAB x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous make-over! It is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Anything But A Card this month. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fabulous! I just love the box and all the goodies inside. lovely! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful gift! The altered matchbox is beautiful and I love the nest necklace!! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the outside and all the bits inside, fabulous work.

    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Challenge.

    Moira DT.xx

    ReplyDelete