Tuesday 23 July 2013

Craft-Room Challenge - Heat Embossing

Another fortnight has gone by and it's time for the latest Craft-Room Challenge, the challenge is Heat Embossing and it has been chosen by the lovely Suzanne. This is what she has to say about why she chose the challenge.

I selected my theme based on the past couple of summers we have had here in the UK - which have been far from good.  I thought we may do with a bit of "heat" although if we are at present experiencing a heatwave then the theme may prove a little unpopular as the last thing we will all want is to get those heat guns out ...whoops!  However I would love to see your heat embossing on your crafty projects......

"HEAT EMBOSSING"

Our sponsor for the challenge is Stamp Addicts.




Our Guest Designer for this month it is Helene aka 2amscrapper.
We are looking for a new GD for the month of October, if you are interested, please add GDT after your name when taking entry to the challenge.


For my DT project I decided to use the Embossing Powder Technique that Birgit Koopsen used for her project in the July issue of The Craft Stamper Magazine.

I have a collection of Moon Glow embossing powder in quite a lot of colours so I decided to use them on my card.
I started by covering a piece of mountboard with Versamark and sprinkling different coloured powders over it, I also used aged silver  Frantage powder around the edges. I melted it with my heat gun but wasn't pleased with the result so I just kept adding more powder until I liked the result. I then stencilled some Versamark through a mask and embossed with white powder, then I stamped the image with black Stazon.


This is the mountboard before I stamped on it.

For the background I used the powders in exactly the same way onto a piece of white card and matted it onto a black card blank, then I adhered the main image and some gems.

I used a PaperArtsy/Lynne Perrella stamp for the main image.


This is a photo of the background. Unfortunately the photo's don't show the glimmer of the mica embossing powders.

I'm entering my card in The Craft Stamper Magazine Take-It-Make-It-Challenge-Three, Embossing Powder Technique.

We had some beautiful entries in Julia's Vintage Stamping challenge, she's going to find it hard to choose her top three.
As usual the DT have made some fabulous samples so why not take a visit to the Craft-Room Challenge to take a look.

18 comments:

  1. wow thats a heck of a lot of embossing Hazel, you must have been frazzled in this heat. Terrific results, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful Hazel. Love the colours and the stamp looks stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic ideas on this Hazel it is really creative and inspiring

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the effects hazel, a hot technique but cool outcomes lol.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background, it has made a wonderful piece! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, haven't seen that CS issue yet,looks great technique.
    Many greetings;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Moon Glow embossing powders in your background Hazel and the image is perfect. Love how you added the design to black card too, makes everything pop. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab Hazel, lovely effect you've created. you must have melted making that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! what fantastic results moon glows irl this must be simply thrilling blown away XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow fabulous Hazel :)
    Von♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your process--this is quite gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Hazel - this is just amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel....you could drown in the depth of that background ...no seriously it is more than gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only imagine how pretty the shimmer must be in real life- what a stunner of a card, love the stamp too, brilliant, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this Hazel, I'm sure the eps glimmer beautifully. I do like how you've stamped the image over this, it looks amazing.

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW- this is stunning Hazel, such a gorgeous mix of colours and the shimmer must look amazing..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Hazel...the harlequins under the faces of the image looks fabulous! Thank You for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's a fab card, I love your background Hazel :D Many congrats on achieving the top 3 at Craft Stamper, whoopee!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete