Tuesday 5 March 2013

From Me To You

Here is my very late posting for my DT project for the  Craft-Room Challenge.

Zoe has chosen the theme and she would like you all the make a gift for someone - the gift I have made is for a young person.


I decided to alter a frame.
I have quite a lot of die cut flowers left over from kits that I bought from QVC years and years ago, so I adhered some to the frame before I painted it. The frame was painted with acrylic paint. When the paint dried I add the gems.
I used a WendyVecchi stamp. I coloured the background with distress ink and splattered with water, when this was dry I stamped the script.
I coloured some card with different coloured Dylusions spray and stamped the flower a few times, then I cut out parts of the flower and pieced them together on the background. I added gems to the leaf.
I also made a card to go with it.


I used a Distress stain on the background and added the flower.

The rest of the DT have made some amazing pieces so why not visit the Craft-Room Challenge blog to take a look.

We had some fabulous entries in our Something For A Man challenge and I don't envy Julia having to choose her top three.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and present! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel,
    fabulous frame and love the card too;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would struggle to make for a young person but not you Hazel, the altered frame and card are a beautiful idea and I could definitely see them on display in a young person's bedroom.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel this is just beautiful ! Such an inspiring image ! The colours are just glorious.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool Hazel and a great way to use up those QVC flowers, XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the style of these Hazel, they're really striking and the colours are gorgeous!

    Maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel - so glad you made it as this is gorgeous, so fresh and vibrant..love it ! Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. so Funky! love the bright colours and I love that flower, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Remimnds me of an arts and crafts window. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful present and card Hazel for any age. the picture would look amazing against a white wall and made me think that Spring is around the corner.

    Love the way you used the die cut flowers on the frame-I'm wishing I hadn't given so many of those away now.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous makes Hazel, & great use of those die-cut flowers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card and the altered frame are so pretty. Lovely gifts.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel, love your great altered frame, and what a great idea to use the left over flowers, I have never thought of that one. Love the great spring like colours you have used. Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't thatjust lovely Hazel :) love the colours
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recognized Wendy's stamp right off and think you made two wonderful items with it. Love your color palette.

    ReplyDelete