Tuesday 17 April 2012

Ink It Up at the Craft-Room

Another fortnight has gone by and it's time for another challenge at the Craft-Room. Nikki has chosen the theme for the latest challenge and she wants you all to ink your work with rubber/clear stamps, Digi Stamps are not allowed for this challenge.
Our sponsor for this challenge is Rogue Redhead Designs.


I decided to do a canvas for my DT piece.


A couple of weeks ago I watched a demonstration by Helen Chilton at the Craft Barn, she was using bleach to colour her stamping, so I thought I'd give it a go.
I coloured a piece of white card with Kaleidacolor ink by swiping the ink pad onto my mat and spraying it with water. I used PaperArtsy stamps and black Stazon for my images and then I painted the images with thick bleach to take out the colour. The bleach takes away the colour but doesn't affect the Stazon. I used a red and blue coloured pencil to lightly colour part of the boat and the mans cloths. I ripped the edges and coloured them with rusty hinge Distress ink. I embellished my piece with a couple of cogs and chain before adhering it to a canvas that I'd coloured with faded jeans and rusty hinge Distress stain. I coloured a Tando Creative compass with a black acrylic dabber and some silver wax and then adhered it to the canvas.

The rest of the Design Team have done some wonderful samples so please visit the Craft-Room Challenge blog and take a look.

Thank you everyone that entered the Music Challenge, your entries were fabulous. We will announce the winners next week.

I'm entering my piece in the following challenges.
Simon Says Stamp and Show Anything Goes.
Fashionable Stamping Challenge Nautical.
Let's Ink It Up Distressing.
Happy Daze Design Team Challenge  April Showers.

26 comments:

  1. I just love this Hazel, the colours everything! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Hazel - looks really good x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your grung canvas! So much work here - and so interesting, all the different techniques used. Thanks for entering this in all the fun at Lets Ink It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great technique, must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This canvas looks amazing Hazel ! love all the detail :)
    Von x♥x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic canvas, love all the details and stamping. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
    Meggymay

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous creation with wonderful elements. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your canvas is wonderful! I love the colors and the design. I also really like how you added dimension to your piece with the gears and chain holding up the fish! Great idea! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Hazel, What a shame you didn't go to Ally Pally on Sunday we could have met up:0) I too have invested in a little collection ( couldn't get too many, boy they're expensive)of Pan Pastels, yummy colours!!! I can't wait to see what you make with yours.
    Love your canvas, wonderful colours and how great to have a masculine and fishy theme. Brilliant swordfish too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I meant what 'else' you make with your pastels xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so much going on in your project, love the theme and the distressing. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU this month, good luck with the challenge. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific canvas Hazel great theme love how the big fish is being weighed. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, there are so many fantastic details to look at on this Hazel, I love it.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel, you know I love your creations and this is no exception!
    Thanks so much for joining in with us at Happy Daze and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hazel..I adore your collaged canvas, so much to look at with a fabulous background! Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your wonderful canvas, great colour palette and loving all the embellishments. Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Happy Daze, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Hazel, I love your canvas and what a brilliant theme. I must have a go at the bleaching technique it's so very effective. Brilliant piece. Julia xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel this is a fantastic canvas, I love bleached out technique and the stamping is gorgeous, thanks for joining the Happy Daze Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing! So much gorgeous detail in this nautical themed canvas! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats such a fabulous creation Hazel its got plenty of interest and depth. Love it
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous nautical design - gorgeous stamping ;) Thank you for sharing it with us at FSC! x

    Ps. Come and join my 2nd Blogaversary candy ;-). Hope to see you there and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this, stamp choices are great and colors are spot-on. Great work!

    Kristina
    Visiting from Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Nautical
    Please stop by and say hello! :-)
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hazel, what a great technique! What a great piece! Perfect for the challenge. It is fabby!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hazel, that canvas sure caught my eye. Beautiful creativity. I am going to look up all your details!!!
    ava

    ReplyDelete