Monday 16 January 2012

Sentimental Hanging

This is my latest DT piece for CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS  using the Studio 490 Sentimental Art stamps. I also used two corners and a heart from the Studio 490 Artparts.


I started by painting a square piece of mountboard with some emulsion paint, the colour is called Opulence, I also painted the Artpart heart the same colour. I randomly stamped parts of the large background stamp onto the mountboard and stamped the heart with the background stamp. I cut a heart shape out of white card and stamped it with the background stamp using black archival ink. I attached this to the mountboard with some white lace round it's edge. I attached the Artpart heart trying to match the pattern to the white heart, I think this is called spotlight stamping. I painted the Artpart corners black and attached them to the hanging then I added the string of pearls and some flowers from my stash. The sentiment was stamped onto some white card that I'd painted red with the emulsion paint, this was then matted onto some black card and attached to the hanging. The last things that I did was to add some pearls to the flowers and some black cord to hang it with.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely hanging Hazel, I have used the same heart Art Part for my creation this week LOL. Love the red and white together and the corners are a lovely touch. Enjoy your week. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, This is beautiful, I love the lacy heart with the darker elements layered over it and the pretty darker areas with flowers, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty Hazel I love the vintage feel, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so lush Hazel :) gorgeous work
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty hanging Hazel, Ilove how you lined the stamping up on the two hearts, looks like you got it spot on! I also like the way you put that delicate lace round the outside edge of the white heart.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel. Gorgeous hanging and so beautifully made.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel. Gorgeous hanging and so beautifully made.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous Hazel. You know how much I like wall hangings! I love your spotlight stamping, I've never tried that before, but you've done it perfectly. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this Hazel! It's so effective and very dramatic! Bet it is stunning on your wall! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stunning so brilliant in RED!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete