Thursday 1 December 2011

A Couple of Christmas Cards

Here are a couple of Christmas cards that I've made for GECKO GALZ.

The image that I've used is from the Winter Wonderland collage sheet.
I started by edging a  white card blank with some blue ink and then I adhered some paper from my stash and I covered this with some angel hair. I matted the image on to some white card and coloured the edge with blue ink then attached it to the card. I cut some snowflakes out of some glitter card using a Martha Stewart punch and attached them to the card then I added the greetings and some ribbon.

For this card I used an image from the Angels collage sheet and Unchainedmelody background paper.
I adhered the background paper to a card blank and edged it and the image with some gold foil. I adhered a couple of cupcake cases to the card and attached the image after matting it onto some red card. I then attached the greetings and a piece of gold mesh.

11 comments:

  1. LOVE those snowflakes, Hazel - lovely cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I always find it hard to include circles in my stuff, but your cupcake cases are an inspiration! Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The are both beautiful Hazel.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Hazel, these are gorgeous! I've never used angel hair before but it looks fabulous, and what a great idea to use cupcake cases - they look great! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you really do make beautiful cards..thanks for your lovely comment on my latest painting greatly appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again, lots of lovely layers Hazel, I love the top card, soo sparkly and the image of the angels is fabulous on your second card, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel, these are gorgeous, love them both;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hazel I just adore these cards, such a beautiful vintage feel to them both they are exquisite.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. GeckoGalz are just the best! Lovely lovely cards. I like using cupcake and chocolate papers in my pieces also.

    ReplyDelete