Tuesday 20 September 2011

Anything Christmas

Well another fortnight has flown by and it's time for another CRAFT-ROOM CHALLENGE. The challenge has been chosen by the lovely Julia and she has chosen Anything Christmas.
I decided to make a card using one of my oldest and much loved stamps. I started of by matting some gold card onto a red card blank and on top of this I matted a piece of patterned paper that I'd distressed the edges leaving them white. I then attached a piece of gold net across the centre. The poinsettia was stamped twice onto white card and I coloured the petals with watercolour pencils and water brush. I distressed the edge of one of the images and coloured with vintage photo Distress ink, the image was then matted onto gold card and attached to the card blank. I cut out some of the petals on the spare image and 3D them onto the main image then I added some gold beads. The sentiment is a pre-made one, I distressed the edge and coloured with vintage photo then attached it to the card. The last thing was to add a few gold gems.

The poinsettia stamp is by PSX.

Why not pop over to the Craft Room challenge blog to look at the rest of the samples that the talented DT have made and don't forget to be eligible for the prize you need to put the Craft Room logo into your side bar with a link to the Craft-Room.

16 comments:

  1. such a luxury rich feel to your card- Hazel, love those colours and the pointsetta- Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Hazel, the colours are rich and lush. I think we all have a an old favourite stamp that we would never part with. Hugs Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with rich colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Christmas card in gorgeous rich colours. Love the poinsettia. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have that stamp Hazel and wouldn't part with it :) Love the dimention you have given it
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous layering, beautiful card;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel this is stunning. someone is going to be very happy to recieve this gorgeous,luscious card this year. I absolutely love it
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning. A very special Christmas card.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love poinsettias! They remind me so much of the festive season and this card really does evoke Christmas. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is lovely Hazel, sent off in an ebay search for the stamp found it $112 or thereabouts! guess you and Von have a real treasure. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there Hazel, Gorgeous classy card, love that poinsettia, Gay xxx
    Thank you for your lovely comments, :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Hazel.
    Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the layered 3D effect Hazel, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  14. as always another beautifully crafted card ! You have such a fabulous eye for colour and composition and your work is always so stylish and tasteful.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete