Tuesday 9 August 2011

Craft Room Challenge No 6 White on White

Thank you everybody that entered the Craft-Room Summer Holiday Challenge, the entries were fabulous.

Now on to the latest challenge that has been chosen by Nikki and she has chosen White on White.
I started of by stamping some feathers onto a white card blank and embossing with some glittery embossing powder. I don't know who makes the stamp. Then I embossed a piece of white card with a rose Cuttlebug embossing folder and rounded the corners of. Then using the lotus Spellbinders Pendent die and my Epic Six I cut two pieces and cut them in half and attached them to the sides of the embossed card then I attached the whole thing to the card blank. I made some parchment feathers and stuck them together to make a fan, then I attached a tassel that I'd made by fraying some white satin ribbon and wrapping cotton round it, then I attached the pearls, this is just a piece of card with some sticky backed pearls attached to it. The other embellishment that I used is some pearl strands.
For lots of inspiration visit the Craft-Room Challenge Blog to see the fabulous work that the rest of the team has done.
My photography is not very good, it should look a lot whiter than this.
 Close up of the parchment feathers.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely Hazel- I love this fan- and the feathers :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning Hazel, I love it. Very effective and elegant, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, very striking and elegant! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Hazel those feathers are are stuning a real labour of love
    Wonderful white on white :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel. Beautiful card. So much work. The feathers are amazing.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Hazel this is out of this world! Those feathers are just stunning and must have taken ages!!!!! hUGS

    nIKKI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hazel this is stunning those parchment feathers are glorious, love it XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hazel, how utterly exquisite !! this is such a fantastic piece.
    Hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so very much Hazel it's just dreamy, simply stunning. Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Hazel - I thought those feathers were real !! stunning card...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So elegant Hazel. Just love the texture with the touchy-feely feather. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. You MADE the feathers??? Wow, they are stunning Hazel!!! Your card is beautiful! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  13. STUNNING ! I am speechless a rare thing indeed. Magnificent piece so beautiful !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete