Wednesday 15 June 2011

Distressed Edged Card

I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp and Show your distressed/torn edges challenge.
I coloured a white card blank with milled lavender and old paper distress ink, I used the direct to paper technique. I distressed the edges and then went round them with old paper distress ink. I distressed the images the same way. The lovely lady image is an image from Gecko Galz , I added a little bit of mauve to her dress using a coloured pencil. For the other images I used stamps by Artistic Outpost. The last thing I did was to add a few pearls to the edge of the card.

10 comments:

  1. Hazel
    On first seeing this card I was sure it was a stamp from The Stampsmith until I read it is from Gecko Galz.
    A gorgeous card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, lovely contrast with the distressed edge and the pearls! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel, I love your card - it's stunning! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel thats so beautiful and so elegant. I absolutely love this
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful..you could have a whole series of different girls.

    Thanks for entering Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!--Renee, Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card, Hazel. Beautiful image and I love the colours you've used. Must get out my milled lavender....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sooo lovely and delicate! Fabulous design and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hazel! Way cool card. Love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh you're flappin again - lol.

    Love the layout and the subtle colours, fab card.

    Sam xxx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete