Tuesday 28 June 2011

Craft-Room Challenge 3

Thank you everybody that entered our altered doll challenge - all the dolls were fabulous.
This time it's Mervi's turn to choose the theme and she has chosen SUMMER BIRTHDAYS. I hope you'll all enter but don't forget to be eligible for the prize draw you must put the Craft-Room logo in your side bar with a link to the shop.
I've always loved Sweet Peas and my mind goes back to when I was a child - my dad grew them every Summer and he would give me some seeds to plant in my little bit of garden. Their scent is glorious.
I've had this Joanna Sheen stamp for a while and never used it so I decided it was time to take it out of it's packet. I started of with a white card blank and stamped the sweet peas down the right hand side of the card leaving them black and white, then I coloured the edges of the card with Distress Ink. I then stamped the sweet peas and plant pot on to some white card and coloured them with watercolour pencils and a water brush. I then coloured the edges with Distress Ink and then distressed the edges with a distressing tool before attaching it to the card. I'd stamped some butterflies and coloured them with watercolour pencil then cut them out and attached them to the card and I lastly added a bit of ribbon.


8 comments:

  1. Lovely card, love sweet peas too. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet peas Hazel, goregous summery card, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, summery card. Sweet peas are always very pretty! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful Hazel, I love the watercoloured Sweet Peas! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh thats so pretty Hazel. I love this one its like a snap of summer
    Please pop over to my Dezinaworld blog when you get a chance, i am celebrating with a giveaway if you would like to join in.
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful card Hazel love your layout with the Black and White side echoing the coloured image. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel,
    thanks, so sweet card, love how you used the same image coloured and black&white, gorgeous;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card I just adore Sweet Peas and like the plain b/w sstamping at the side panel.
    Hugs mau xx

    ReplyDelete