Sunday 3 April 2011

Mini Alice Hanging

I made this for a mini hanging swap over on UK Stampers.
I started with a 3"x3" piece of mountboard, then I found a page with the Cheshire Cat on in an old Alice book and stuck it to the mountboard. I dabbed on Viva Ferro over the leaves and when it dried I dabbed on various colours of Viva Gold. I stamped the cat and Alice onto white card, coloured them with Promarkers, cut them out and double embossed them with clear embossing powder before attaching to the hanging. The white rabbit and Tweedledum and Tweedledee were stamped onto shrink plastic and coloured with coloured pencil. After I cut them out I put a hole in so that I could hang them from the wire.
The stamps that I used are
Cherry Pie Art Stamps, Alice and the rabbit.
Non Sequitur, Tweedledum and Tweedledee.
I'm not sure who made the Cheshire Cat.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little hanging, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Hazel. like the way you've positioned Alice looking upwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Alice hanging Hazel. Have to admit, I don't have ANYTHING Alice at all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hanging is gorgeous Hazel! Love the texture! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might be a mini hanging but you managed to create such texture on a small area it is wonderful.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Hazel, I really like it, x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little hanging, somebody is going to love getting that in the swap! Love the texture and colour with the Viva products at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! Clearly you are a natural for The Altered Alice challenges, and I am so glad you found us!

    I love shrink plastic, and this is inspiring me to start thinking about shrinking again, lol! Wonderful piece, I love that you started with a book page and all that texture is fabulous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete