Thursday 14 April 2011

Altered Notebook

I did this for theVoila Ink group Challenge over on Bella Creations. The theme is umbrellas. I am also entering it for the Simon Says stamp and show some distressing challenge.
I decided to alter the front of one of those long thin shopping list notebooks. I started off by covering the cover with a piece of card to make it a bit stronger. I used the colours lake and sunflower Eco Green acrylic paint to colour the front of the pad. I stamped some circles and blobs with distress ink and stamped the small umbrella man with black archival  ink. Then I inked the edge with my finger and black soot distress ink. The distress ink looks quite pale, I think the acrylic paint soaks it up a bit. The Sizzix Alterations die of the umbrella man is one of the goodies that I bought at Alexander Palace on Saturday. I used card to die cut him and coloured him with the lake acrylic paint. Then I used distress ink to stamp circles and blobs, then using my finger I went round the edge of him with black soot. I attached him to the notebook then I attached some words cut from some adage tickets.
The stamps I used are all from the Stampers Anonymous apart from a flourish that is made by the Stamp Bug.
The Distress ink colours that I used are stormy sky, vintage photo, and black soot.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel. Your altered notebook is lovely and certainly distressed! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great notebook! Love the colours, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab notebook Hazel. I can't wait to get my umbrella man die, it's been on order 2 weeks, it's gone AWOL in the post system!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific way to alter a note pad! Love the colors you used and the washed effect you achieved. I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment out of using this notepad! Great take on the altered challenge! So happy you joined in the distressing fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool distressing! I like the stamp you used over the umbrella men!

    Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete