Friday 28 January 2011

Chunky Alphabet Book M N and O

M is for music.
The background is a piece of card that I embossed with a Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder, I coloured it with distress ink. I'm not sure who made the stamps that I used but I stamped the main image onto white card and on to a post it note. I cut out the image on the post it note to use as a mask on the image on the white card. I coloured the card with distress inks and then removed the mask. The other bits that I used are an alphabet brad and a metal flower with a jewel in its centre.
N is for Nefertiti.
I used a baby wipe to colour the background with Marvy Blending Blox ink. The pyramids are made by cutting a triangle shape out of some Cut-n-Dry foam and using it as a stamp. Again I'm not sure who made the stamps that I used, but I stamped the main image and name onto some turquoise card, then I cut them out and stuck them onto some black card, then I cut round the image to leave a black border. I stamped a few beetles along the bottom of the card and then attached the image and name and a few nail heads.
O is for owl.
I coloured the background with distress inks, before I did this I made a mask for the moon so that it would stay white then I stamped over the moon with a Clarity Stamps moon and cloud stamp, then I stamped a little owl silhouette. I added trees [Crafty Individuals] along the bottom. The main owl image is by Joanna Sheen, I stamped this onto some white card and coloured it by using a water brush and some distress ink. I then attached it to the background with some sticky foam.

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous Hazel but I really LOVE your owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of pages Hazel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Hazel and that owl is so beautifully coloured. Wow. Now I'm even more miffed I'm not sorting out the pages and getting some myself, lol. Great inspiration, though. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel ~

    These are marvelous! I especially love the owl (I collect owl pictures and figurines) and the Nefertiti. What an amazing job you've done.

    ReplyDelete