Sabine is hosting this weeks Sunday Postcard Art challenge, the theme she has chosen is Dictionary.
I glued the dictionary page to my postcard, then sprinkled some infusions and sprayed with water for the background flowers. I stamped some grasses with Archival ink. The large flower was stamped onto a dictionary page, coloured with Inktense pencils, cut out and glued to the card.
6" x 4" card.
Tim Holtz wildflower stencil.
Infusions - Black Knight.
Stampers Anonymous stamp - large flower.
Faber-Castell Inktense pencils.
Paperartsy/Lin Brown stamps for the rest of the stamping.
Good morning everyone. In January I decided to join in with the UK Stampers postcard swap, the theme was anything goes.
For the background I used a baby wipe to spread the Fresco Finish paint. I stamped the images onto the postcard and also onto a lightly patterned paper, The images were cut out and glued over the images on the postcard. I stamped the words and then gave the card a coat of matte medium. When the medium had dried I coloured the images with Faber-Castell Pitt pens. As the postcard had to go in the post I gave it another coat of matte medium for extra protection..
I used a Paperartsy/Jofy stamp for the background grass, for all the other images I used Paperartsy/Elena Guzinska stamps.
Thank you for dropping by to take a look, have a lovely day - the sun is shining at the moment but I'm sure it won't last.
I covered my postcard with some patterned paper then I covered that with some lacy material. I found the image on the internet, printed it and attached it to the card. I added a Leonie Pujol heart die cut, tissue tape, lace, charms and a ribbon flower.
It was a friends birthday this week and this is the card I made for her.
The background is a discarded one, I used a Carabelle Studio stencil with some brushos but I sprayed to much water on it and it ended up too messy for what I needed it for, but it was ideal for this card. I stamped the Stampers Anonymous flower and water coloured it with brushos. I used the same card and a Stampendous stamp and die for the butterfly. It was matted onto some black card and then glued to the card blank.
I used a gelli print for the background and Paperartsy stamps. The images were stamped onto tissue paper and I painted the back of the face with white paint, they were then glued to the card. You can't see from the photo but I stamped some bamboo [PSX stamp] with galaxy gold Brilliance ink around the edge of the card. I added a charm, some thread and some remnent rubs.
I've just finished the next two cards for the Maremi's Creative Cafe Facebook group challenge. For the letters C and D the words we were given were coffee and dragonfly.
I used an Impression Obsession stamp and Kaleidacolor inks for the background, I flicked water on it. I drew the mug and coloured it with felt tips and stamped some hearts. The mug stains are a Stampers Anonymous stamp.
I used a stencil and modelling paste on the card and painted it with gesso. I coloured it with Gelatos. and spread some micro bead gel, when this dried I used my finger to add some gilding. The dragonfly was coloured stamped, coloured with felt tips and cut out. I put stickles on the wings and a metal game pointer on the body.The quote was stamped with an Artistic Stamper stamp. No idea who made the dragonfly.
It's been a while since I entered the Sunday Postcard Art challenge, the latest theme has been chosen by Rosie and she has chosen Sepia.
I started by gluing some gauze to the card and then gave it a coat of gesso. I put some acrylic ink at the top of the card and sprayed with water so that I could let the ink run down the card - I used three colours and dried each colour before adding the next one. I added some script and white splatters. The flower [Stampers Anonymous] was stamped onto white card, coloured with distress ink, cut out and glued to the card, I also stapled the stem. The words [Paperartsy] were stamped onto white card and cut out.
Hi everyone. It's been a long time since my last post, my poor blog feels very neglected.
Today I'm sharing a couple of Altered playing cards that I've made for Marimi's Creative Cafe Facebook group challenge. There's a challenge every week, at the moment we are doing letters of the alphabet, the first two challenges are Art and Bubbles.
For both cards I used gesso, stencils, modelling paste, inktense sticks put on with a brush and sprayed with water, matte medium. pitt pens and gilding wax.
Thank you for dropping by and enjoy the rest of the day.